- Just like traditional software applications, a dApp may also contain vulnerabilities.
- These may sometimes be accidentally introduced through inexperienced or careless developers or intentially by more malicious parties.
- A malicious smart contract may attempt to trick you into paying an exorbitant amount of crypto to the contract/address or transfer your other assets/NFTs against your will.
- Enabling 2 Factor and using a Hardware Wallet are critical steps to prevent being vulnerable to these exploits.
- Use empty wallets for minting new projects to reduce the potential impact in case you do get compromised.
- Always be safe and vigilant and share info with others when unsure as to how safe a particular action may be.
Back to Security Module